At Flamstead Village School we aim for children to:
- Develop positive attitudes to participation in physical
- Make informed decisions about the importance of excercise in their lives
- Acquire and develop skills, performing with increasing competence and confidence, in a range of physical activities and contexts.
The school will:
- Provide a well-balanced programme of Physical Education, which will include games, gymnastics, dance, outdoor and adventurous activities, athletics and swimming.
- Provide opportunities for pupils to participate in coaching and competitions within and outside school hours.
TEACHING SPECIFIC TO PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Lessons should include:
- A learning objective, with skills taught discreetly during the lesson.
- A warm up and recover time appropriate to the activity.
- Opportunities to watch, listen and comment upon performances of other children and demonstration by teacher or capable child for children to master the correct techniques.
- Discussion to be kept simple emphasising one or two skills only, making sure that every child watches, listens and has a chance to offer a contribution.
- Learning must be focused on individual pupils' needs and abilities. Assessment for learning is a powerful tool for making sure that learning fits individual needs.
- Children will be assessed each term using the school's assessment criteria.